Virtual Memory for Graphics Cards
- The Virtual Textures mechanism is a dramatically improved texture memory management technique.
- Improved Performance - up to 50% better real world performance over hardware with similar raw fill-rates
- Simplified Software - fewer bugs, less CPU time
- Improved usage of available texture memory
- Entire textures donít have to be present
- Only used Mipmap levels need to be downloaded
- Virtual Textures is available today in the Permedia3 Create!, Oxygen VX1, Oxygen GVX1, and the new Oxygen GVX210 products